One year of intensive learning in perennial crops, agroforestry, animal husbandry, and regenerative agriculture. Apprentice will learn:
- Commercial fruit tree pruning & orchard restoration
- Grafting, tree planting, perennial crop establishment
- Holistic spraying: Compost biology, clay, and seasonal timing
- Silvopasture rotational grazing of sheep in the orchard
- Shiitake mushroom log inoculating and yard development
- Fruit & mushroom harvesting & marketing
- General entrepreneurial planning, management, and development of a diversified small farm.
Apprenticeship dates: December 1, 2018 – December 1, 2019
Limited number of spots available (1 or 2).